Monday, October 10, 2011

How To Live Before You Die

I was reading the SunStar newspaper for this day and scanned through a page about Steve Jobs.

STEVE JOBS (1955-2011)  is the visionary co-founder of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studio, " who changed the way people listen to music, share photos, and talk on the phone and shook up the field of personal computing".
Here is an excerpt from Steve Job's commencement address at Stanford University, June 12, 2005.

How To Live Before You Die

DO WHAT YOU LOVE

 " Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.  Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking.  Don't let the noise of other people's opinion drown out your inner voice.  And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.  They somehow already know what you truly want to become..."

My sayWish this Doing-What-We-Love is something as easy as counting 1-2-3 or singing the alphabet.   BUT life is insanely filled with complications and umpteen considerations to reckon.  As maturity hits us and salad days are over, responsibilities fly out from all corners, of all sorts, of all sizes.   And doing-what-we-love becomes something too good to be true.  I have had my fair share of life's highs-and-lows. And I, for one, unceasingly dreams to be able to do things that I love to do. But then again, here comes Reality, and all those hopes and dreams remains as it is.
But never will I regret that my life now is not the kind of life that I want (desired)- because I am not able to do things that I love to do-.  What I learn from my life is that we should just love what our own circumstances has to offer, make the most out of it, fill it with love and everything "nice" will follow.

DEATH BEST INVENTION

" No one wants to die.  Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there.  And yet death is the destination we all share.  No one has ever escaped it.  And that it as it should be Death is very likely the best single invention of Life.  It is Life's change agent.  It clears out the old to make way for the young.

My sayYes, we are given the best gift from above, our Life.  And yet we all have to die, dates are yet to be revealed.  I honestly am not ready for death, but I know I will die too.  And I will leave everything little thing I temporarily possessed and every big love I have received from the people in my small circle.  But death is indeed inevitable.  We must embrace it and be ready for it,  'cause death is the beginning of something eternal, something we call in Earth as forever.

What's your say on Steve Job's views about life and death?

No comments:

Post a Comment

WAKE-ME-UP