Thursday, July 23, 2015

Bangkok Diary 10-2014: Day 1

Tonight is a very exciting and elating time for me since I am beginning to share my travel stories from my favorite place - Bangkok - last October 2014.  My apologies that it took me this long to share about this trip.  I have been occupied with a lot of stuff that needed more prioritization.  Anyway, this post is Day 1 of our trip.  Hang on and stay in touch as I keep you posted with my last year's R&R in Bangkok, Thailand.

DAY 1 


It was October 9, 2014 and me and my forever travel buddy arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport at around 10:00 am.  I felt a shiver travelled up my spine upon stepping foot on the airport, because I knew, that few more foot steps, I will get to see my most favored place and can breathe Bangkok air again. I honestly was (and still) excited about this trip; and even at this very moment, while I am encoding every letter for this post, I am slowly reviving the euphoria and reminiscing the nitty-gritty of my vacation.


After exiting the airport, we headed to the city center via the Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS).  We were to check-in again (2nd time) at Wendy Guest House, located at Pathum Wan District, but before doing so, we headed to MBK and searched for a good restaurant for our lunch.


Prior to this vacation, my forever travel buddy and I have been itching for anything Japanese, most especially Salmon Sashimi.  And as we were dragging our trolleys around MBK, we were fortunate enough that there was a Japanese restaurant at the ground floor of the mall.  Regrettably, I forgot the name of the restaurant, my memory faded swiftly as hunger has badly stricken that time. 


 Upon scanning over their menu, the foods were not purely Japanese, it was a fusion restaurant - Japanese + Thai,  so it was more a-okey as I got the chance to order for my favorite Thai Tom Yum Kung (or Goong).  Their version though was of a noodle-type, but it still tasted perfect.  


F.Y.I. I have been loving Tom Yum Kung soup for the past 5 years and the most ambrosial, mouthwatering, phenomenal recipe for this soup was from my favorite restaurant in Bung Kum, Bangkok.

My forever travel buddy ordered this sort of Ramen slash "pancit".  The taste was unexpectedly good too.  Generally my rating for the restaurant was 8 (food + price + ambiance + service).


After we checked-in at Wendy Guest House, I began spreading my itinerary notebook and reviewed what was on my to-do's in BKK.  First in the list was TERMINAL 21.  

F.Y.I. Wendy Guest House is very accessible to the BTS (nearest station is National Stadium - Silom Line), which is why we have always opted for this guest house as our home every time we travel to Bangkok.


The BTS Skytrain is always a good, rather the best, option to explore around Bangkok. Aside from convenience and affordability, it offers easy access to all the big shopping districts of the city.


Hello Terminal 21 Mall.  
 How to Get There?  via BTS Skytrain at Asok station, use Exit 1


I will have a separate post dedicated to my exploration at Terminal 21. 
Soon... (finally, see here.)


After 2 hours of strolling the grandiose Terminal 21 mall, we headed back to Siam area as the next stop in our itinerary was dinner at SHABU SHI by Oishi - a Japanese buffet restaurant.


Shabu Shi has many branches all around Bangkok, we particularly had our dinner at their branch at the fourth floor of Siam Center.  


Everything was Japanese (except for drinks and desserts)  and were served unlimited.  Quite sad though  since there was no sashimi.


Our choice of soup was Tom Yum Kung. I have always enjoyed the rotating conveyor of ingredients.  It's like I was playing "chef" which came with a responsibility of not wasting the ingredients as I may not be able to consume all what I have cooked and may be penalized (?).  It was such a fun dining experience.


I loved their Ebi Tempura.  But honestly, suring that time, the taste was not as delectable as our first time dining there back in January 2014.



Above is a photo of the foods I ate.  Yummy.  As I said, the desserts, which included fresh sliced fruits and ice cream!, were all unlimited too.


Despite the foods were unlimited, the eating time was not. See the receipt below: customers are given an hour and fifteen minutes to finsih their food, for an extension of every ten minutes, there is a penalty of 20 Baht per person.  Tsk, tsk. This surprised us since during our first, we could not remember that there was a time limit.  Anyway, this was there restaurant rule, and as customer, all we did was to abide.  We ate somewhat in a bit of haste.  But I tried to savor every bite of my favorite dishes and had them registered in my gastronomic memory (if there is such thing as that).


This closes DAY 1 of my Bangkok Diary last October 2014.

Be updated with my Bangkok Diary.

Have a good night to all!

Travel and Live in style, everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WAKE-ME-UP