My newest fetish: HATS
A hat is a head covering used for several reasons. It can be worn for protection against the elements, for ceremonial or religious reasons, for safety, or as a fashion accessory.
The hat has six main parts:
crown, peak, brim, hatband, sweatband, lining
- Crown, the portion of a hat covering the top of the head.
- Peak (British English), visor (American English), or bill, a stiff projection at the front, to shade or shield the eyes from sun and rain.
- Brim, an optional projection of stiff material from the bottom of the hat's crown horizontally all around the circumference of the hat
- Puggaree or riband (British) or hatband (American), a ribbon or band that runs around the bottom of the crown above the brim.
- Sweatband, the strip of leather (or sometimes ribbon or other material) attached to the inner circumference of the hat to stop sweat from soiling the main body of the hat and may be adjustable with a cord or rope on certain hats.
- Lining, for some hats there is a silk lining, often bearing the maker's name and label.